Monday, April 16, 2018

Pahrump, NV

As planned we did stay overnight in Quartzsite but then our plans changed again.

Decided to go straight to Pahrump on Sunday negating another overnight enroute. Turns out the travel time would be about the same as we just did and figured going threw Vegas on Sunday instead of Monday would have less traffic.

Another reason was Pahrump has a very high wind warning for today and into Tuesday;

* TIMING...Winds will increase Monday morning, peak in the
afternoon and evening, and decrease overnight.
* WINDS...West to southwest winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts around
50 mph.
* IMPACTS...Strong winds can blow down power lines, blow away
loose objects, raise large amounts of dust, and make driving
and boating dangerous.

It was a little breezy Sunday and glad we made the decision to travel then. After a 5 hour run from 'Q' arrived at Wine Ridge Resort about 2:00pm. After setting up and having a mini-happy hour went out for pizza, something we all were hungry for. Nicco's Pizza is our favorite choice.

We are 2 spots away from Mary & Mike. Plan now is to be here until Monday the 23rd then leave for home in Reno arriving the 25th after an overnight in Hawthorne at Whiskey Flats RV Park.

We'll probably have some updates from here before heading for home.

Safe travels for those still on the road somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate any and all feedback.